Hawaii Pacific Health Student Medical Assistant - Honolulu District in Honolulu, Hawaii
At Hawai‘i Pacific Health, our mission is to create a healthier Hawai‘i. We believe that working together, we can make the greatest impact on individuals, families and our communities. Anchored by our four medical centers—Kapiolani, Pali Momi, Straub and Wilcox—as well as more than 70 convenient locations statewide, Hawai'i Pacific Health is uniquely positioned to transform health care as we know it today.
Our network of doctors and specialists provides coordinated care that is among the best in the nation. We are partnering with physicians, health plans and the community to improve the health of our population. Our health care teams are built and centered around patients, focusing on prevention, early intervention, monitoring and regular check-ups.
As part of an ongoing commitment to education and community involvement, Hawai‘i Pacific Health in partnership with Aiea High School, Henry J. Kaiser High School, James Campbell High School, Kaimuki High School, Kalani High School, Kapolei High School, Leilehua High School, Pearl City High School, President Theodore Roosevelt High School, President William McKinley High School, Waipahu High School, and W.R. Farrington High School offer a ground-breaking new program to train high school students for careers in the health care field.
We are currently looking for high school students who share the same passion about our mission, and have an interest in training opportunities for a Medical Assistant position upon graduation.
Our full-time and part-time positions feature:
· Starting pay at $19.00/hour
· Excellent health coverage within 30 days of your start date
· A start to your career with one of the state’s largest health care organizations
· Current high school senior for the 2019 – 2020 academic year at one of the following high schools: Henry J. Kaiser High School, Kaimuki High School, Kalani High School, President Theodore Roosevelt High School, President William McKinley High School or W.R. Farrington High School.
· Maintain satisfactory academic standing throughout the program
· Accuplacer minimum scores of 32 in Math and 100 in English
If you are looking for the ideal opportunity to take a positive step towards a career in health care, we encourage you to submit your resume and apply. Contact us today and discover why, for generations, Kapiolani, Pali Momi, Straub and Wilcox have been the preferred choices for quality health care in Hawai'i.
Application Deadline : Sunday, February 24, 2018
Please be sure to continue reading through this entire posting for important details.
How to Apply:
Click on “Apply for this Job.” If you’ve applied to a position with Hawai‘i Pacific Health before, sign in with your existing account information. If not, click on “Register” to create your talent profile.
Under the “Talent Profile” section, attach three (3) documents in the “Attachments” section.
· Recent Transcript – Please provide your most recent high school transcript with your GPA visibly displayed. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application.
· Essay – Please upload one Word/PDF document (500 words or less) answering the following question: What traits do you feel you have that would attribute to your success in the program?
- Submit your completed online application.
· Please be sure to include all relevant information on your resume including but not limited to: schooling information, previous work experience, extracurricular activities, club memberships, volunteer experiences, etc.
· Make sure that you use a valid email address for an account that you check on a regular basis. If you are using a school email address, make sure that you’ll have continuous access to it after the school year ends.
· Sometimes our emails will go to your junk mail inbox. Double check your junk mail/spam folder periodically.
· Incomplete applications will not be considered for the Medical Assistant Program. Please submit your application early to allow enough time to make necessary adjustments, to ensure your application is complete by the posted deadline.
Position Student Medical Assistant - Honolulu District
Employment Type Employee
Location Hawaii Pacific Health, Honolulu, HI
Req ID 11809